Monday, August 2, 2010

First Letter; updated address

Transcribed from a hand-written letter dated 7/28/2010 (the day he arrived in the MTC).

Dear Mom,

It's "Quiet Time", and I only have about 5 minutes to write, but I wanted to quickly let you know everything has gone well thus far. Upon arrival, I immediately went to classes. Very powerful stuff. As far as companions, my companion's name is Elder Mitton, a musical genius and a cello major. I also room with Elder Dunn and Elder Harston. Elder Dunn reminds me of Lloyd Christmas (played by Jim Carey) from "Dumb and Dumber" only in the way he says his words and especially in his smile. The other 3 are all from Utah. Represent Washington!

I love you Mom. I think these next few days are going to be rough, based on what others say, but I'm going to try to put a happy face on anyway. I miss people already, but what the heck, 1 of 700 something done, see you in no time. No, I know this is a good work, a tremendous work. More later, love you all.

Elder Galbraith

P.S. I can already feel the magnitude of the calling. I feel I may need all the prayers I can get. :)

Elder Terje J. Galbraith
MTC Mailbox #156
CAN-WIN 0818
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

No comments:

Post a Comment