Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Travelling men


Well I first want to thank my parents for the heartfelt card they sent. I pondered some of the sacrifices they have made for me and I cannot thank them enough. Frankly, anything but my absolute best is not enough to show thanks, so please accept a meager "Thank you" and "I love you" for now. I just don't understand the love that they have for me, and my mind immediately thought of Mom and basically sacrificing EVERYTHING for family, because that is what is most important to her. Wow, I just cannot fathom being at that point. Maybe in due time. Then, I noticed Dad's handwriting on the card and it was just a perfect 1-2 full-of-love punch from my parents. Thank you.

To answer Mom's question, yes, I am back to 100% and I'm feeling really well now.

This past week has been eventful, that's for sure. The Zone Leader Council in Winnipeg went well and I feel like I got a lot out of it. From that I walked away with more ideas as to how to best help the zone. As they say, "it's go time". The zone has been doing better in some aspects but struggling in some. My own area has been slow to get going but we see that we are beginning to work with more people. I expect that in the next few weeks things will be rolling along very well. We had an investigator who has been meeting with missionaries for a while text us this morning that he had his prayers answered and that he feels like a new person. Also, 2 Chinese people came up to me and asked if they could attend church. Leo, who has a baptismal date for the 24th of March (rescheduled) said in his prayer to close a meeting that he is very excited to be baptized. So good things are happening, we just need to help them attend church and keep other commitments.

Speaking of Chinese people, I really enjoy teaching them. Because they cannot learn of God in China, they are eager to learn about God and then how to follow Him. They are humble, which is the most important part. I love humble people. Never be proud!

This upcoming week Elder Dunn and I are going on some exchanges in Saskatoon and Prince Albert. We will be conducting seperate "Zone Meetings" in Regina and Saskatoon (same zone, just seperate meetings due to distance) and then involved in a Stake Missionary Progress Meeting in Saskatoon, as we had one in Regina a week or 2 ago. Lots of travel, plenty of meetings, but all in a day's work. I remember that Dad mentioned something back when I was in I-Falls, basically to the effect that he was glad to have me exposed to the administrative aspect of the Gospel: helping to bring others to Christ, both through new members and strengthening current members. What a task.

As for temperatures, things have been pretty mild--minus the past few days. Oh, it was something else waking up to -33C (w/ windchill) this morning. Where did that come from? The past few days have actually brought snow and lots of wind. Not a fan of the wind, but I welcome the snow because this winter has been pretty dry. It was hard to tell how much actually fell because of the wind, but somewhere in the ballpark of 8-12 inches. Oh, there is one thing about the wind that I do really enjoy--I love the little wisps on the road when snow is blowing across. Beautiful!

That is all I have for now, thanks for your prayers, keep them coming please!

Elder Galbraith

No comments:

Post a Comment