Monday, July 11, 2011



Wow, a good email!

To answer your question, I serve in the Fort Frances District. Districts consist of branches ONLY, and so the Fort Frances District covers the branches in Fort Frances, Bergland, Dryden, Atikokan (all in Ontario) and I-Falls, USA. Like I have said, I-Falls is the "Promised Land".

I did get your package! Thanks Mom and Dad! I love the pink tie, the other one was a tad conservative, but it looks good, thank you. Were you able to find that Kalai CD?

Mike was able to come to church, but Larry and Phil did not make it. Ga. Phil has come to church 4 times now, but not the past 2 weeks. Mike has come the past 3! He is still preparing for July 23rd for baptism.-----which reminds me that I will hear about transfer calls this weekend. I really don't know if I will be going or staying. President said he may keep me down here for another 6 weeks, but he also said he needs a lot of missionaries elsewhere in the mission. Who knows?!-------Back to Mike...he has needed to quit smoking, and Elder Bodily and I knew he had to quit a week before his baptism, but we had forgotten that he needed to quit before his baptismal interview. Oh!!! So on Friday we went over and we explained the situation and what happened and pretty much said "You need to quit immediately". So Mike is heading out to go camp for a couple of days this week to "get away from it all for a bit" and he says that has helped him quit things in the past. Oh, please pray for Mike this week! Other than that, he is totally ready to go and be baptized! Phil, on the other hand, is not sure what the Spirit feels like and I feel that he is not confident that he would know how to recognize an answer. I am praying for him....We are meeting with a lady named Marlene in Fort Frances that believes Joseph Smith was a prophet and that a restoration of the Priesthood was required. We invited her to baptism, and she said that Christ would make it known to her if she needed to be. So I invited her to pray about being baptized by someone holding the Priesthood. Marlene said she would come to church, but did not make it, likely due to some serious family issues. Please pray for her too.

I have a question for Mike (my brother this time...haha). Mike, how did you deal with RLDS people on your mission because we are teaching an RLDS person up here and he believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet, but not Brigham Young and the prophets afterward. Any suggestions?

I do not have any crazy stories this week other than I got to ride in Brett Eidman's tricked-out Blazer SS. Oh, its got the dual stripes, side exhaust and all. Oh, actually I do have a car story. I got to see an inactive man's 1969 Camaro Z28 and 1969 Charger R/T. I told you that I saw them about 3 months ago, but he showed us around them again and told us a few more facts. The Charger is a retired dragster with over 700 horsepower, which will bring its front off the ground. Yikes....wow...I was pretty much drooling...Elder Bodily had his camera on him and got a few pictures. I might have to go back when I have mine. I also saw this beautiful 30s car when tracting, so when we knocked on the door I asked the lady what it was. It was a 1936 Cadillac in a shiny purple gloss. Oh, breathtaking. The spare tires were behind the front tires. Wow, it was a looker. Lots of nice old cars up here...sheesh.

I cannot go into the details, but there is a situation with a young girl here in International Falls that reminds me of a time when Mom once telling me that I had to do some things just to be an example to others. Thank you Mom, it helped me a ton, and you mentioned the enormous impact that righteous examples can have. I love you Mom and Dad. It may not have been on the tops of my list back then, but I am sure glad that I did those certain things.

That is about it for this week. We had a tremendous past week, and hope to make the upcoming one just as good. Love you all,

Elder Galbraith

Elder Bodily and I made some putene this week. Wow, that stuff was pretty good. DQ even has putene on the menu up in Canada, but not in I-Falls. Putene...it must be a Northern thing. The video is of the 4th of July fireworks that we watched from our apartment. Fireworks, forest...that is why I-Falls has the best apartment!

Wow...we had a few storms this past week and I saw some of the most beautiful skies ever! With all the different modes on my camera, I tried to get pictures that really showed what the sky really looked like. You probably won't believe that those pictures are not doctored up, but the sky was that beautiful! The last one reminds me of Jurassic Park...

No comments:

Post a Comment